Repairing streets in Cape Girardeau has been a priority, and with Neighborhood Street Repair (NSR) 2016 projects ongoing this year is no different.
The NSR project kicked off in April 2016, starting on Patriot Drive. The project is funded by repurposing Armstrong Drive funds, as approved by voters in Transportation Trust Fund 5 last August.
- Lexington Place Subdivision: Northchurch Street from Magnolia Avenue to Lexington Avenue, Cannon Lane from Paul Revere Drive to Northchurch, and Patriot Drive from Paul Revere to Magnolia.
- Keystone Drive from Coppper Drive to 3039 Keystone.
- Ashland Hills Subdivision: 1137 Cypress Court to 3914 Valley View Lane, Eagle Ridge Drive from Cypress to Oak Ridge Court, Valley View from Cypress to Kage Road, and Oak Ridge from Hopper Road to Valley View.
- Carolewood Subdivision: Brentwood Drive and Rosewood Drive intersection, and from 1322 to 1334 Rosewood.
- The Dover Lane cul-de-sac.
- Good Hope Street from South West End Boulevard to Hanover Street.
During the project streets are being repaired half of the width at a time, allowing traffic to pass on the opposite side of the street.
The proposed contract time is April through December 2016 (approximately 270 days), which is subject to weather and potential unforeseen delays. As always, drivers are asked to use caution in the work zones and consider alternate routes.
The project was the subject of a public meeting in March 2016.
For more information, please contact the City of Cape Girardeau Public Works Department at 573-339-6351.