Another step along the path to a newly-connected Veterans Memorial Drive and a straightened Hopper Road was completed last night.
Following a quick overnight rolling closure of Interstate 55, a contractor for AT&T was able to remove a service line no longer in use by the Twin Lakes Subdivision and neighboring properties that crossed I-55 and Hopper.
With that line safely removed, AT&T utility relocates are now complete. Grading and earthwork continues through the area.
The project is still on track for completion in fall 2016. Current estimates are in the November-December period in fall and are weather-permitting. Work is still ongoing along and near Hopper Road and the roadway is still not yet open to traffic.
All efforts are being made to reopen Hopper Road as soon as construction is complete and it is safe for motorists to travel in the area.
Previously posted project information
Work completed on Hopper/Veterans Memorial Drive
- Tree removal
- Removal of existing improvements (majority)
- Installation of majority of storm sewer piping and structures
- Relocation of existing utilities (mainly centered on, or along, Hopper Road) by AT&T, Charter, utilities
Work to be done on Hopper/Veterans Memorial Drive
- Finish grading operations
- Finish laying storm sewer piping
- Install sanitary sewer line along Hopper Road
- Pave roadway
- Install sidewalks and street lighting