Election Update 2016 from the County Cape Girardeau
The following has been copied from a County eNewsletter. Sign-up for these announcements at capegirardeaucounty.us.
Absentee Voting is available for the August 2, 2016 Primary Election.
In-Person absentee voting is available at either of the following locations:
County Clerk Main Office – Jackson, MO
County Administration Building
#1 Barton Square, Suite 301
Jackson, MO 63755
County Clerk Satellite Office – Cape Girardeau, MO
Common Pleas Courthouse – Annex
44 North Lorimier Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Voters can request a ballot to be mailed to them by completing a Request for Absentee Ballot Form located on the County Website at http://www.capecounty.us/Absentee%20Voter%20Information.aspx and returning the request form by Email email@example.com, by fax (573)204-2418, or by mail 1 Barton Square, Suite 301, Jackson, MO 63755.
Absentee voters must provide one of the following reasons for voting absentee:
- Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which such voter is registered to vote;
- Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including a person who is primarily responsible for the physical care of a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability;
- Religious belief or practice;
- Employment as an election authority, as a member of an election authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter’s polling place;
- Incarceration, provided all qualifications for voting are retained;
- Certified participation in the address confidentiality program established under sections 589.660 to 589.681 RSMo. because of safety concerns.
A Sample Ballot for the Democratic Party, Republican Party, Libertarian Party, and Constitution Party can be viewed at http://www.capecounty.us/Sample%20Ballots.aspx
Please contact the Office of the County Clerk at (573)243-3547 for any questions