This Neighborhood Development Initiative team has been busy making their neighborhood even better. They participated in Friends of the Parks Day/Great Cape Clean-up in April, which included planting flowers at the entrance to Cape Rock Park. They have also been coordinating with the Marine Corp League and the City’s Parks and Recreation Department on the restoration of the flagpoles at Cape Rock Park. Landscaping improvements are planned around the flagpoles. A re-dedication ceremony is planned for Memorial Day. The group also recently became incorporated and adopted new bylaws. And they have new shirts!
Are you interested in making your neighborhood even better? Do you want to get to know your neighbors and make your neighborhood stronger, safer, cleaner or prettier? Here are some ways to get started:
- Get on NextDoor! Chances are, your neighbors are already together online discussing neighborhood issues on this private social network for neighbors. It is free!
- Clean it Up! Each household in Cape gets one free annual special Wednesday pick-up of bulk trash. Schedule a pick-up for yourself or your neighborhood by calling Public Works at 573-339-6351. Get some neighbors to help you bag or drag that trash out of your neighborhood.
- Nix the Nuisances! Talk to your neighbors when you can about parking, noises, outdoor storage and other issues as needed. If you need help, call us at 339-6311 or submit problems online.
- Start a Watch. Work with our Community Service Officers to start a Neighborhood Watch.
- Throw a Party! We can help you with a special event permit if you need to close a street. Google can help you with the rest.
What else helps make neighborhoods better? Share your ideas below or contact your Council representative.