Cape Girardeau is full of professional social service agencies and generous volunteers and donors that support programs to help people in need. This “Cape Cares” spotlight focuses on the Community Caring Council. They provide a variety of programs and help promote services to connect those in need with those that can help. They publish several very useful resources including:
- Meals & Pantry Calendar for May 2016
- Community Services Guide
- Senior Resource Guide
- Find more on their website
MORE ABOUT the Community Caring Council
Officially, they’re one of Missouri’s 21 Community Partnerships, dedicated to measurably improving the condition of Missouri’s families, children, individuals and communities.
The Caring Council currently has approximately 100 members representing more than 70 agencies and organizations. The Council provides the following services:
- A public forum for the discussion of community issues
- Working committees and issue councils
- An umbrella organization for the ‘incubation’ of programs and services
- Community planning and development
- Fiscal Agent Services
- Community Assessment/Community Plan/Plan Implementation
Their mission is to support communities in developing and providing a continuum of resources to help empower individuals and families meet life’s challenges while promoting coordination and collaboration among all community groups in order to empower individuals and families to become more self-reliant, responsible and resourceful.