Wednesday, February 3, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 pm
Southeast Missouri State River Campus, Glenn Convocation Center
The Summit provides an overview of the QuakeSmart Community Resilience Program for Businesses and Organizations. Participants will be able to complete initial QuakeSmart assessments and begin budgeting retrofit projects using a simple process.
Why is this important? The Department of Labor states that 75% of businesses and organizations without a disaster plan will fail after a major disruption such as an earthquake. Businesses, large and small, are at risk – as are your employees, customers, and the community you serve.
The good news is that the actions to protect your business, employees, and customers are simple, scalable, and many are very low cost to implement. They will also help you to recover quicker should disaster strike.
To assist you, the Summits will:
- Review easy actions you can take before, during, and after disasters;
- Provide experts to explain earthquake risks specific to the area;
- Explain the level of support you can expect from your local emergency management agency if a large-scale disaster occurs;
- Explore how participating in the ShakeOut Earthquake Safety Drill can assist your business & employees; and
- Provide simple materials and helpful links to additional resources.