Cracker Barrel – Jan. 24, 2016

On Jan. 24 at 3:45, the Cape Girardeau Fire Department was called to Cracker Barrel for a reported fire in the kitchen. The first unit on the scene found a small fire at a one-inch gas line going to one of the griddles. They shut the gas off to the griddle itself. The second-arriving units assisted in shutting the gas off at the main until the shut-off to the line going to the griddle could be isolated. All employees were out of the building upon our arrival. The situation was contained and 2 of the 6 units were placed back in service.
The investigation confirmed a problem with 1 one the fittings going to the griddle. There was only minor damage to the appliance itself and the building was turned back over to the occupants and all units were placed back in service. The last unit was in service at 04:03. The business will be open as soon as Ameren Missouri turns the gas to the building back on.
Damage: None