Fire at 632 Broadway – Nov. 20, 2015

The Cape Girardeau Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at 632 Broadway at 12:02 p.m. on Nov. 20, 2015.
Upon arrival, firefighters saw moderate smoke coming from the roof. Firefighters forced the door open and pulled a 1 ¾ inch hose line to the fire, which was in the bar area. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bar area.
There was moderate smoke damage to the building as well. No injuries were reported, and the fire was ruled accidental do to a malfunctioning cooler.
Damage type: Fire and smoke
Damage extent: Moderate
Estimated dollar loss: $20,000