Fire at 601 Morgan Oak St. – Nov. 7, 2015

The Cape Girardeau Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at 601 Morgan Oak at 18:28 on Nov. 7, 2015. Upon arrival, there was moderate black smoke coming from a large garage door on the east side of the business and smoke visible through the front windows. A 1 ¾” line was quickly advanced into the structure and the fire extinguished. Crews ventilated the building and extinguished hot spots in the ceiling/roof area. The cause of the fire was determined to be a large battery charging pack. No injuries were reported.
Damage type: Fire and smoke
Damage extent: Moderate
Est. dollar loss: $55,500
No injuries or fatalities
Mutual aid received from Scott City and Jackson Fire Departments