Yard Waste: Due to flooding, the Wednesday collection services of brush, limbs and compost until the river level recedes below flood stage. The drop off containers at the recycling center are also unavailable at this time. Brush is still being accepted at the Transfer Station for a fee of $54.75/ton
Lugger Service: We also no longer offering our lugger service. There will be no change to regular weekly curbside trash and recycling service. Residents can continue to haul their own trash to the Transfer Station, schedule a Wednesday Special Pick Up, or use any of the private companies offering a similar service.
The lugger service was an option for residents to request a 6-foot, flat-bottomed dumpster be delivered to their home. Residents could fill it and have it picked up for under $50. The City would often lose money in order to provide a steeply discounted service to residents.
With the City officially out of the lugger business, one full-time employee will be transferred to another job opening within the city.
Though this represents a savings to the city, the monthly residential solid waste charge will still increase to $19.25 from $18.35 per month as of July 1 – keeping pace with the rising costs of doing business.
The monthly Solid Waste charge covers these services:
- Weekly curbside trash and recycling pickup
- One free special pick-up per year (and low-fee special pick-ups throughout the year)
- Curbside leaf removal and drop-off options
- Free use of the Recycling Center, city-wide glass recycling drop-off locations, and the motor oil drop-off location
- Access to the Transfer Station (facility also fee-supported)
- Yard waste disposal options (though currently suspended due to flood)
- Free motor oil disposal drop-off