Kage School in Cape Girardeau
Opened in 1880, this one-room brick schoolhouse once housed classes for as many as 110 students. It was used as a school until 1966. Since that time, the vacant building has suffered significant damage to the walls, chimney, and windows. The property appeared on the 2013 Historic Preservation Commission Endangered Property List, but was since sold and rehabilitated into a two-bedroom guest house. The building exhibits characteristics of the Missouri German Vernacular style. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.