On 4-29-15 around 11:00 am, an officer with the Cape Girardeau Police Department conducted a vehicle stop. The vehicle and occupants were possibly involved in several burglaries that have been under investigation over the past several months. During the vehicle stop, a substance believed to be marijuana was located in the vehicle.
Through the investigation with the detective division, Maurice K. Garrett Jr, has been charged with the following:
- Two counts of Class C Felony Burglary 2nd Degree
- Four counts of Class C Felony Stealing
- Two counts Class B Felony Burglary 1st Degree
- One count Class B Felony Robbery 2nd Degree
- One count Class B Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance with the Intent to Distribute
- Two counts Class A Misdemeanor Receiving Stolen Property
Garrett’s bond has been set at $20,000 Cash Only for Burglary, Stealing and Robbery charges; with an additional bond of $17,500 Cash or Surety for Possession of Receiving Stolen Property.
Garrett is currently in custody at Cape Girardeau County Sheriff’s Department.