Concrete street repairs are set to start on July 14 on Hopper Road near Clippard School. Work on Hopper is expected to last up to two weeks, weather-permitting. The contractor will then move to the next group of repairs mapped online and listed below. This series of contracted concrete repairs is expected to be complete in December.
Concrete sections will be replaced in these general locations. Streets will remain open but in some areas will be one lane traffic. Motorists are urged to use caution in these work zones:
- Hopper Road near Clippard Elementary School
- Janet Drive and two intersections near Alma Schrader Elementary School
- Siemers Drive near Menards
- Abby Road and Horseshow Ridge
- Silver Springs near the mall area and also Independence Street
- Kenneth Drive
- La Mesa, Monterey, Bella Vista
- Clark Street near Cape Central and also the Lombardo intersection north of the library
- Henderson Street near the university
- Valley View, Eagle Ridge, Fawn Drive and Oak Ridge
- Shirley near Wehrenberg, Lowes and Kohls
- Hackberry west of South Sprigg
- Bloomfield between South Kingshighway and South West End Boulevard
- Autumn near Ferndale, Stevens, and Woodland
The $450,000 contract with Nip Kelly will be funded by the Transportation Trust Fund sales tax.
Many city streets were already in a rough condition before a harsh winter weather season. Adding this contracted concrete repair program will accelerate the overall street repair effort. Related programs include:
- Street CPR: Street patching and overlays completed by City crews for urgent needs
- Annual asphalt overlay program funded by the Transportation Trust Fund
- Ongoing concrete repairs completed by City street crews, funded by the Public Works operating budget
City crews, contractors, utility companies and others are working on projects across the city every day. Please be alert and careful in work zones.
For more information about the contracted concrete repairs program for 2014, please contact:
Traffic Operations Engineer