This summer, the Red House Interpretive Center Committee will be offering a special speaker/workshop series from 11 a.m. to noon on the first and third Saturday of each month. Each workshop will highlight an aspect of Southeast Missouri’s pioneer history. The workshops are free to the public. Come join us for a fun and educational “living history” experience after a visit to the Cape Riverfront Market, and then enjoy a stroll downtown for lunch and shopping. All ages are welcome, and participants are encouraged to bring lawn chairs.
DOWNLOAD workshop series flier
- May 17, Linda Nash – Louis Lorimier: Founder of Cape Girardeau
- May 31, Paul Nenninger – Construction of the Red House
- July 5, Stan Baughn – Pioneer Tools and Trade
- July 19, Linda Nash – The Mississippi and Ohio Valleys 1750-1830: A Chessboard of International Intrigue
- Aug. 2, Don Koehler – How Pioneers Used Herbs
- Aug. 16, Dr. Frank Nickell – Southeast Missouri in French and Spanish Times
- Sept. 20, Dr. Beverly Evans – Leisure Games and Toys of the Period
For more information, please contact the City of Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340.