Information from a Missouri Department of Natural Resources email release
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) Brownfields/Voluntary Cleanup Program and the Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB) Program invite you to attend the Missouri Brownfields Conference: Redeveloping Your Community. The conference will run from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on June 23 and June 24. Registration each day will start at 8:30 am with light refreshments. Lunch will also be provided both days. Attendance is free, but registration is required by Friday, June 20!
To register, please go to the workshop webpage at: http://www.ksutab.org/education/workshops.
If you need assistance with your registration, please contact Sheree Walsh, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 785-532-6519.
Who should attend?
Local government, economic development staff, community grant writers, community groups, real estate developers, commercial real estate brokers, lenders, regional economic development agencies, consultants, and others interested in financial resources for local redevelopment.
Conference attendees can expect to:
- Develop skills in identifying brownfields in their communities,
- Discover the process for achieving redevelopment goals utilizing brownfield programs,
- Participate in one-on-one discussions with representatives from programs that can help communities reach redevelopment goals, and
- Create a road map for identifying and advancing redevelopment goals tailored to their community.
Agenda topics include:
- The Basics of Brownfields,
- The Missouri Brownfields Program (MNDR),
- The Long Term Stewardship of remediated properties (see MNDR website for an interactive map of LTS properties available)
- Labor market information for Grant Writers,
- Road Map for Redevelopment,
- Resource exploration (providing access to a large variety programs available to help your community), and much, much more!
Some lodging scholarships may be available.For more information about the workshop, please contact:
- Catherine Jones, Missouri DNR, email@example.com, 573-526-4725
- Wendy Griswold, TAB, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-691-7192