Community organizations in and around Cape Girardeau offer a variety of family fun and parent skill building events and programs. Download the calendars below or direct from the Community Caring Council website.
The Community Caring Council promotes coordination and collaboration between all community groups in order to empower individuals and families to become more self-reliant, responsible and resourceful. They are one of Missouri’s 21 Community Partnerships, dedicated to measurably improving the condition of Missouri’s families, children, individuals and communities.
The Caring Council currently has approximately 100 members representing more than 70 agencies and organizations. The Council provides the following services:
- A public forum for the discussion of community issues
- Working committees and issue councils
- An umbrella organization for the ‘incubation’ of programs and services
- Community planning and development
- Fiscal Agent Services
- Community Assessment/Community Plan/Plan Implementation