“He has the skills to run an organization through good and difficult times,” said City Manager Scott Meyer of the new hire. Meyer also notes Blair’s ability to build partnerships and his perspective on community policing.
Blair has a diverse 16-year background in law enforcement. He has served as the Assistant Chief in Lancaster, Texas and recently as the Interim Chief. Lancaster’s population is over 37,000.
In addition, Blair has experience as a Federal Air Marshal and Border Patrol Agent. Earlier in his career, he also served Lancaster as a detective, patrol, and training officer.
Cape Girardeau’s new Chief holds a Master Peace Officer Proficiency certification from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education. He is an FBI National Academy graduate, holds a Masters of Public Administration from the University of Texas at Arlington and earned a bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership from Mountain State University.
“I am excited about the city, the professional staff already in place in the Police Department and the opportunity to bring my experience with new technology and partnerships to the department and community,” said Blair.
Blair will move to Cape Girardeau with his wife and son this summer.
- About Cape Girardeau Police Department: cityofcape.org/police, cityofcape.org//Police/Police-Department-History.aspx
- Recent Police Incident News Releases: ctyofcape.org/Police/Press-Releases.aspx
- Police Chief Roster: cityofcape.org//Police/Chief-of-Police-Roster.aspx
- About Lancaster, Texas: http://www.lancaster-tx.com/index.aspx?nid=198
- Wes Blair- Resume
- Wes Blair – Photo, high quality