Teams Needed: 2013 Heroes Softball Tournament on Sept. 28

softballThe seventh annual Heroes Softball Tournament will once again host local public safety officials and community service groups in a fun battle for the charity of the winners’ choices on Sept. 28 in Cape Girardeau.

New field additions at the Shawnee Sports Complex have allowed this year’s tournament to expand entry to 10 teams. In addition to public safety member-based teams, all community service groups are encouraged to enter.

The double-elimination tournament begins at 9 a.m., and each team will be guaranteed to play two games. Bracket position will be randomly drawn.

Team registration fees are $125, and registration is due by Sept. 15. The first 10 registered and paid teams will play during the event.

The first place team will receive 60 percent of this nonprofit event’s proceeds for the charity of their choice. The second place team receives the remaining 40 percent for their chosen charity.

A Home Run Derby will take place at noon. Entry for the derby is $10 for 10 swings, with the winner receiving a trophy.

For more information or to enter, contact Ptlm. Jason McDonald, tournament coordinator, at jmcdonald@cityofcape.org.

Download Tournament Info Packet, Entry Form, Rules