The following streets will be affected at various points during the project, paid for by the Transportation Trust Fund, a one half-cent sales tax once again approved by voters in 2010:
- Benton Street from Themis to Independence
- Themis Street from Pacific to Hanover
- South Benton Street from William to Jefferson
- Fountain Street from Bellevue to North
The following parking lots will receive paving preparation and overlay:
- 710 Broadway – by Broadway Prescription Shop
- 632 Broadway – by Last Call
- River Heritage Museum
- Former Convention and Visitors Bureau building at the corner of Broadway and Main Street
Traffic will still flow through each work zone, and drivers are asked to use caution around workers and equipment in the roadway.
Crews will fix driveways, curbs and sidewalks along each project section after paving to meet Americans with Disabilities Act transportation requirements. This overlay project will be ongoing through mid-October 2013.
Asphalt overlay on East Cape Rock Drive that began in late-June will be completed the evening of July 9. Asphalt overlay on Dunklin Street between Henderson Street and West End Boulevard is currently ongoing.
Additional overlay project information and updates will be provided as available.
For more information, contact City of Cape Girardeau Development Services at 573-339-6327.