Cape Girardeau County and 112 other Missouri counties will celebrate Thank a Farmer Week from Feb. 10-16.
The Cape Girardeau County Farm Bureau will take part in Thank a Farmer Week activities. The week is a time remind oneself of farmers’ hard work. Farm families make up about 2 percent of the U.S. population, but they produce enough food to feed themselves and the other 98 percent.
For more information, contact the Cape Girardeau County Farm Bureau at 573-243-8428. The bureau is located at 406 W. Washington St. in Jackson, Mo.
Cape Girardeau City Council issued a proclamation during it’s Feb. 4 meeting honoring Thank a Farmer Week. Pictured from left are Shirley Aufdenberg, Vice President of the Cape County Farm Bureau; Ward 1 City Council
Representative John Voss; and Dale Steffens, President of the Cape County Farm Bureau.