Election Day is right around the corner! The Cape Girardeau County Clerk’s office has posted a sample ballot for the Nov. 6 election on their election information webpage.
In addition to a sample ballot, the webpage has links to look up your polling location within Cape Girardeau County. Polling places will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day.
To vote you will need one of the following forms of identification:
- Identification issued by the state of Missouri, an agency of the state, or a local election authority of the state
- Identification issued by the United States government or agency thereof
- Identification issued by an institution of higher education, including a university, college, vocational and technical school, located within the state of Missouri
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document that contains the name and address of the voter
- Driver’s license or state identification card issued by another state
If you do not possess any of these forms of identification, you may still cast a ballot if two supervising election judges, one from each major political party, attest they know you.
For more information visit http://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/, or call the Cape Girardeau County Clerk’s office at 573-243-3547.