The 22nd Annual Scenic Drive marks the beginning of our 2012 leisure travel tourist season.
This year’s participants include:
1. Altenburg: Historic Town, Churches, Lutheran Heritage Center and Museum, Saxon Landing Site, Tower Rock in nearby Wittenburg, and Tower Rock Vineyard & Winery
2. Brazeau: Hemman Winery and Historic Town and Church
3. Burfordville: Bollinger Mill State Historic Site
4. Cape Girardeau: Conservation Nature Center, Cape River Heritage Museum, River Campus & Crisp Museum, Glenn House, Historic Downtown, Hunter Valley Winery, Trail of Tears State Park
5. Commerce: River Ridge Winery
6. Farrar: Eggers & Company General Store Bed and Breakfast
7. Frohna: Saxon Lutheran Memorial, Wine Country Inn
8. Jackson: Jackson City Park, Lazy L Safari Park, Steele Crest Winery, Rothbrick Vineyard, and St. Louis Iron Mountain Railroad
9. Marble Hill: Bollinger County Museum of Natural History, Marble Hill Senior Citizens Center, Massey Log House, and Whippoorwill Lake
10. Oak Ridge: Community Wide Garage Sale, Pinecrest Azalea Farm, and Cowboy Church
11. Old Appleton: Historic Bridge and St. Joseph Church & Shrine
12. Pocahontas: Landgraf Red Barn, The Pie Safe, and Historic Town & Churches
These Southeast Missouri communities invite you to join them as they celebrate Spring with good food, festivals, folk music, dancing, vintage baseball, crafts, living history events, camping, and scenic vistas. You’ll discover beautiful country, fun things to do and friendly people eager to tell you more about their unique little corner of Southeast Missouri.
For a brochure that lists all attractions and events, as well as a map stop by the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau at 400 Broadway and pick yours up today. For more information about the 22nd Annual Scenic Drive, call 573-275-7487. Enjoy!
Guest post by Chuck Martin, Executive Director
Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau