Cape Girardeau is on the cusp of becoming a Metro Statistical Area. As the regional destination for healthcare, education, entertainment, shopping and employment, Cape Girardeau’s population swells to 100,000 every day. Residents enjoy short commute times, a multitude of entertainment and dining options, and a beautiful backdrop all with a low cost of living and a welcoming small town feel. Cape Girardeau is the traffic-free alternative to big city living.
The Cape Girardeau Area MAGNET is a not-for-profit economic development organization which works with expanding and relocating companies who are considering a location in the greater Cape Girardeau, Missouri, area.
- Implement a comprehensive strategic plan and related market-focused initiatives that promote the area’s resources and generates new prospects and leads that produce economic activities resulting in the creation of new jobs and expansion of existing employment
- Plan, market, and direct a business retention and expansion program that encourages the expansion of existing businesses in the area
- Plan, market, and direct a business attraction program that identifies and recruits quality new businesses to the area
- Coordinate industry cluster development activities to increase the competitiveness and expansion of existing clusters
- Coordinate the identification, assessment, and development of industrial sites
- Collaborate with local and state partners in responding to inquiries for information from prospective new or expanding businesses or industries
- Prepare confidential and comprehensive project proposals based on clients’ project criteria
- Organize and maintain quality promotional and informational materials and data including the use of websites and social media
- Report to and communicate with local stakeholders on a regular basis to keep them informed
- Direct the work of an executive assistant on administrative and clerical tasks