Two Residents Jump from Second Story to Escape Fire

The Fire Department responded to a house fire on South Benton late Monday night. Fire was visible from the rear of the home. Two of  its occupants reported jumping from the second story to escape before the firefighters could arrive. Only an ankle injury was reported. It took 90 minutes to contain the fire. Thank you to Jackson and Scott City Fire Departments for mutual aid. The damage to the home was extensive, but no major injuries.

Please take this opportunity to remember to check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Also, talk to your children about fire safety and your family plan in the event of a fire. If you need help, please contact the Fire Department at 339-6330 or EMAIL.