You’ve no doubt heard about downtown Cape Girardeau in the media lately or maybe even seen the Christmas decorations. Here’s the roundup of some of the recent improvement and development progress.
Bike Racks Installed (Posted 11/03/11)
Downtown-Specific Transportation Trust Fund (TTF)
Projects in conceptual phase: riverfront sidewalks, William Street 1st Phase
Façade Improvement Program
Announced by Old Town Cape and Cape Girardeau Area Community Development Corporation at OTC annual dinner
Vasterling Building Rehabilitation Begins
Corner of Broadway and Sprigg
In the News: Southeast Missourian 9/30/2011
Red Letter Relocation Announced
- Several larger historic homes under rehabilitation and renovation
- Design standards included in City’s Development Code for Central Business District
- HW Harrison House sells for a new business
- Several new businesses open in Downtown area over past year with increased interest in doing business downtown
- Increased interest in downtown properties with discussions and projects are underway in at least a dozen buildings and sites in the downtown area.