Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
The most important things you need to know about fireworks are the safety precautions and facts:
- The City restricts fireworks within so many feet of schools, hospitals, gas pumps, etc. Take a few minutes to review the ordinance linked from cityofcape.org/law.
- Always have an alert adult supervise fireworks activities.
- Even sparklers burn at temperatures of 1,200 degrees or more – hot enough to melt some metals.
- Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks. Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Find more safety tips online or “Like” the Cape Girardeau Fire Department on Facebook for more tips.
When Fireworks are Sold and Used
- Fireworks can be sold from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day from June 27 to July 4.
- Use fireworks between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. during the period from June 27 to July 3 and from 10 a.m. to midnight on July 4.
Which Fireworks are Prohibited
- Do not use bottle rockets in Cape Girardeau city limits. Call 573-339-6330 or read the prohibitions online if you have questions.
Cape’s riverfront fireworks display on July 4 is on this year thanks to support from Isle Casino Cape Girardeau, the Southeast Missourian, and River Radio. Do you have another favorite display in the area? Comment below.