Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
On Sept. 16 at the 4 States Airports Conference in Kansas City, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) presented the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport with their prestigious “Airport Safety Enhancement Award”. This is the third consecutive year the Airport has received the honor.
“This is no easy achievement,” said Airport Manager Bruce Loy. “Our airport operations, maintenance and fueling staff have worked many hours to achieve this award.”
The FAA annually recognizes Part 139 airports within their Central Region that have operated in an outstanding manner in complying with Title 14 CFR Part 139. To qualify, airports must not have had any noted discrepancy on their FAA inspections for three consecutive years.
“It is extremely difficult to make it just one year without any discrepancies, but to make it three consecutive years without even one discrepancy on the long list of items the FAA reviews is quite an accomplishment,” said Loy. “I am very, very proud of all City staff and the progress we made in the interest of safety.”
Items inspected by the FAA include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Runway and taxiway surfaces maintenance and related paint markings and lighting;
- overall airfield maintenance;
- employee training records;
- airfield safety enhancements;
- aircraft rescue and firefighter training, knowledge, and equipment maintenance and upkeep;
- emergency response procedures;
- snow and ice removal control and procedures;
- wildlife hazard management; and
- fueling safety training, equipment upkeep, and procedures.