Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Select public meetings and input opportunities for July are noted below. Anyone is welcome to attend public meetings.
- Absentee voting information is now available for the August election by contacting Cape Girardeau County.
- July 3 – Last day for input on the Missouri Department of Transportation project list for the potential statewide transportation sales tax. MODOT will submit a final list and public comments to the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission within the following week for their consideration and approval. This issue will be on your Aug. 5 ballot. Read more at modot.org/movingforward/.
- July 7 – City Council study session at 5 p.m. and regular session at 7 p.m. Agendas are posted the Friday prior to the meeting. The 7 p.m. meeting is broadcast live on channel 993 and online. Find agendas, minutes, videos and support documentation at cityofcape.org/citycouncil.
- July 8 – Airport Advisory Board at 5 p.m. at Sandy’s. The Council will soon nominate a new member to this Board. Apply to be an Airport Advisory Board member now online.
- July 9 – Last day to register to vote on the August 5.
- July 14 – Transportation Trust Fund 5 subcommittee meeting is scheduled for 7 a.m. at City Hall.
- July 18 – Comprehensive Plan Oversight Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. in Development Services at City Hall.
- July 21 – City Council study session at 5 p.m. and regular session at 7 p.m. Agendas are posted the Friday prior to the meeting. The 7 p.m. meeting is broadcast live on channel 993 and online. Find agendas, minutes, videos and support documentation at cityofcape.org/citycouncil.
- Economic Feasibility Committee, the joint Mid-America Hotels and City committee, will also continue meeting this month.
- There are dozens of active citizen advisory boards and committees. For more City public meetings, visit cityofcape.org/yourgov. Citizens interested in serving on County boards should submit a letter to the County Commissioner’s office. For more information, please call 573-243-1052.