Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
All City Council agendas, support documents and video can be viewed online at cityofcape.org/citycouncil. Official meeting minutes will be posted soon. A summary of Council activity from Nov. 21, 2016 follows:
REGULAR SESSION – 7PM
All bills passed at their respective stages, meaning some might still need to return for additional public readings and input.
- David Tucker recognized for retiring from the Police Department and serving as the Court Bailiff and Council meeting security chief.
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Proclamation (ZONTA)
- City Manager announced that Hopper Road will open as long as the curing concrete passes the test. Twin Lakes subdivision residents and other commuters have been very eager to have their path reopen.
- Public Hearing to consider the creation and the proposed funding of the “Midamerica Crossings Transportation Development District” at the northeast quadrant of the intersection of Interstate 55 and US Highway 61. Click the link to read more about the special taxing district and watch the Council discussion on Youtube. First reading of the ordinance is expected at the next Council meeting.
- BILL No. 16-193, an Ordinance authorizing the City Manager to execute Amendment #1 to the State Block Grant Agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for an Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting vehicle for the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport. Second and Third Readings (passed).
- BILL NO. 16-194, an Ordinance authorizing execution of an Air Traffic Control Tower Operating Assistance Grant Agreement for the Fiscal Year 2016-2017 with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission. Second and Third Readings (passed).
- BILL 16-204, an Ordinance enacting a New Article XII of Chapter 17 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Cape Girardeau, Missouri, entitled Chronic Nuisance Properties. First Reading (passed).
- Several other new ordinances passed the first reading including: a bill to align local municipal offense and sentencing with new State standards, on multiple ordinances involving permits, licenses, and billing. Visit cityofcape.org/citycouncil for the full detail.