Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
All City Council agendas, minutes, support documents, meeting videos, and live access can be viewed online at cityofcape.org/citycouncil. All meetings are open to the public. The official agenda typically posts on the Friday before the meeting. This is a sneak-preview subject to change.
UPDATE 10/17/16 – All action items were passed at their respective stages. See the agenda for details. The following was posted before the meeting.
Agenda Preview for Oct. 17, 2016 at City Hall
5PM Study Session
No “official action” is taken during the study session. It is simply a time to talk about public business during a public meeting.
- Planning and Zoning Commission Report
- Beautiful Business Property of the Month Presentation
- EPIC Presentation – local youth substance abuse coalition
- Appearances from anyone on anything
7PM Regular Session
- Domestic Violence Proclamation – We stand united against all violence in Cape Girardeau. All are welcome to hear the reading of our proclamation against domestic violence and in support of Safe House for Women, and be part of this year’s campaign photo. We recommend purple shirts (contact Safe House) but of course this is not required.
- Council will consider an application for the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) grant funding for design and construction of sidewalks in two locations along Independence Street and Cape Rock Drive. Design and construction depends on the City being awarded the TAP grant. Learn more and please take our survey before Oct. 28.
- And other business including these items below, see our DRAFT AGENDA for more information. Please remember that this is a draft and subject to change.
- BILL 16-182 authorizing City Manager to execute an Agreement with Reinhold Electric, Inc.for the Fiber Optic Line for Police Station/Municipal Court and Fire Station 4
- BILL16-183 Southeast Missouri State University License & Indemnity Agreement Ellis Street & Independence Street Conduit and Fiber Cables
- Various appointments to public boards
- Public Safety Trust Fund and other tax/revenue memos submitted