Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/24/9629424/html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
2015 Asphalt Overlay Program
Several portions of Cape Girardeau’s streets are undergoing asphalt overlay and/or concrete milling during the month of August. The work is part of the 2015 Asphalt Overlay Program, which includes yearly asphalt resurfacing made possible by the Transportation Trust Fund (TTF) program, graciously renewed by voters last week. This program allows numerous areas of town to undergo repairs on a regular basis.
Some portions of Fountain Street have already had concrete work the first week of August.
The following streets will be worked on through the end of the month:
- Fountain Street, from Themis to Independence Street
- Country Club Drive, from East Cape Rock to Country Club Entrance
- Roberts Street, from Big Bend to Rand
- Emerald, from Sprigg to Fountain
- North End Blvd, from Emerald to Big Bend
- Fountain, from Emerald to North End
- Frederick, from Amethyst to Olive
- Olive, from Spring to Middle
- Edgewood, from Route K to Gordonville Road
- Camellia, from Route K to Edgewood
- Baldwin Drive at LaSalle Avenue
- Riverwalk Connection at the Red Star Conservation Area Boat Launch
During the work at these locations, the streets will be temporarily closed (local traffic only). While work is completed at Country Club Drive, traffic will still be able to flow in the area.
Notables for Aug. 19-20: Gordonville Road
Milling and paving along the commercial area at Gordonville Road, from Mount Auburn to Saint Francis Drive, takes place between 3-4 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 17 and Tuesday, Aug. 18. Milling will occur on Monday morning, with paving taking place Tuesday morning. Work on both days will be complete by 8 a.m. This is a predominately commercial area.
As always, drivers are asked to use caution in road work zones. Need more project information? Contact City of Cape Girardeau Development Services at 573-339-6327.